If minimalism is about living with less and finding space for more meaningful things in your life, then camping is the minimalist dream!
- You live with less. You can only bring what fits in your car and keep what fits in your tent.
- You leave the distractions of the world behind. Wi-Fi is scarce in the woods.
- You make do with less. If you don’t have something you improvise or do without.
- You participate in simple activities. Reading, walking, sleeping are staple activities for any camping trip.
- You get to appreciate your surroundings. Listening to birds sing, the crackle of a fire, star gazing, cloud watching, and the smell of fresh air stimulates the senses and keeps you present in your place.
- You learn what adds value to your life. What you can and cannot live without becomes clear when you are out camping and what really adds value to your day.
- You build meaningful relationships. There are fewer distractions so your camping buddy can have your full attention and some of your precious time.
It makes minimalism a little less scary when you do it on a semi-regular basis without the world ending!
What’s you favourite minimalist experience?